We’re excited to announce the release of JNBridgePro v6.1. The new version connects Java and the .NET Framework both on the ground and in the cloud, and has all the features of previous versions of JNBridgePro, plus the following significant new features:
- We’ve added support for the new Visual Studio 2012 and .NET Framework 4.5. The JNBridgePro Visual Studio plugin will now work just as well in VS 2012 as it does in VS 2005, 2008, and 2010.
- We also now support all versions of Eclipse from version 3.2 up through 4.2, the latest version.
- JNBridgePro now supports cross-platform access of protected object and class members. Previously, only access of public members was supported. This will provide more extensive support for extending Java or .NET classes on the other platform.
- Java code can now call .NET methods that contain ref or out parameters, thereby making even more .NET code accessible cross-platform. While this was previously possible through a workaround, it can now be done directly.
- The JNBridgePro installers are now signed. This will help enterprise users whose IT organizations’ policies require signed installers.
The new JNBridgePro v6.1 is available immediately for download.
The full announcement can be found here.